When it comes to designing a kid’s room, it’s essential to create a space that’s not only fun and playful but also functional and organized. With toys, books, clothes, and other knick-knacks, a kid’s room can quickly become cluttered and disorganized. This can make it difficult to find things when you need them and can also make it challenging to keep the room clean. However, with a few clever storage solutions, you can create a space that’s not only visually appealing but also practical and clutter-free. In this article, we’ll explore 11 DIY storage ideas that can help you declutter your kid’s room and create a more organized space.
- Under-Bed Storage: Utilize the space under the bed to store items that your child doesn’t use frequently. You can use plastic bins or boxes with lids to store items like seasonal clothes, extra linens, or toys. If your child’s bed doesn’t have a lot of clearance, you can use bed risers to create more space.
- Hanging Shoe Organizer: Hanging shoe organizers are a versatile and affordable storage solution that can be used to store a variety of items. In a kid’s room, you can use them to store shoes, socks, stuffed animals, art supplies, or small toys. Hang the organizer on the back of a door or on a closet rod to save space.
- Wall-Mounted Shelves: Wall-mounted shelves are a great way to display and store your child’s favorite books, toys, and knick-knacks while also keeping them off the floor. You can choose from a variety of shelf styles and sizes, and they can be easily installed using brackets or hooks.
- Drawer Dividers: If your child’s dresser drawers are overflowing with clothes and accessories, consider using drawer dividers to create more space and keep things organized. You can use dividers to separate socks, underwear, and accessories, or to create separate sections for different types of clothing.
- Toy Hammock: A toy hammock is a fun and creative storage solution that can help keep stuffed animals and other toys off the floor. You can attach the hammock to the wall using hooks or brackets, and it’s a great way to add a playful touch to your child’s room.
- Book Nook: If your child loves to read, create a cozy book nook by installing a small bookshelf or floating shelves in a corner of the room. Add some pillows or a small bean bag chair to create a comfortable reading space.
- Pegboard: A pegboard is a versatile storage solution that can be used to organize a variety of items, including hats, bags, and small toys. You can paint the pegboard to match your child’s room decor, and it’s easy to install using wall anchors or hooks.
- Storage Ottoman: A storage ottoman is a practical and stylish addition to any kid’s room. You can use it to store extra blankets, pillows, or toys, and it can also double as a seat or footrest.
- DIY Storage Bench: If you have a little bit of DIY experience, consider building a storage bench for your child’s room. You can use it to store toys, books, or extra linens, and it can also double as a seat or a place to put on shoes.
- Rolling Cart: A rolling cart is a versatile storage solution that can be used to store art supplies, toys, or other small items. You can easily move the cart around the room as needed, and it’s a great way to keep things organized without taking up too much space.
- Labelled Bins: Finally, consider using labelled bins to store toys, clothes, and other items in your child’s room. This can help your child learn how to keep their room organized and make it easier for them to find what they’re looking for. You can use a label maker or create your own labels using stickers or markers.
Creating an organized and clutter-free kid’s room doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. By using a combination of storage solutions like under-bed storage, hanging shoe organizers, wall-mounted shelves, drawer dividers, toy hammocks, book nooks, pegboards, storage ottomans, DIY storage benches, rolling carts, and labelled bins, you can create a space that’s both functional and visually appealing. These DIY storage ideas not only help to declutter your child’s room but also make it easier for them to keep it organized in the future. So, roll up your sleeves and get creative with your storage solutions to create a space that your child will love spending time in!