AlpineCorp – Candles are a great way to add a warm and cozy ambiance to any space, but what do you do with the leftover glass candle holders once the candle has burned down? Fortunately, there are many creative and practical ways to repurpose these glass containers instead of simply throwing them away. Here are some DIY ideas for what to do with used glass candle holders:
- Turn them into succulent planters – Succulent plants are low-maintenance, easy to care for, and add a touch of greenery to any room. To turn your used candle holder into a succulent planter, first, clean the container thoroughly. Then, fill it with soil and plant your succulent. You can also add decorative stones or moss on top of the soil for a finishing touch. These little planters can be used to brighten up any corner of your home or office.
- Make them into mini terrariums – Similar to succulent planters, glass candle holders can also be transformed into mini terrariums. Simply add some soil, small rocks or pebbles, and some moss, and you’ve got a miniature garden that can be placed on a windowsill or desk. You can even add tiny figurines or other decorative elements to create a unique and personalized look.
- Use them as storage containers – Glass candle holders make great storage containers for small items such as makeup brushes, cotton balls, or office supplies like paperclips and push pins. You can even use them to store spices in the kitchen or to hold loose change in your bedroom.
- Create a unique centerpiece – If you have several used candle holders of the same size and shape, you can use them to create a unique centerpiece. Simply fill each container with water and add floating candles or flowers. You can also add colored sand or stones to each container to add a pop of color.
- Turn them into drinking glasses – For a fun and unique twist on regular drinking glasses, use a glass cutter to cut the top off of your used candle holder. Sand the edges down with sandpaper to ensure they’re smooth, and you’ve got a one-of-a-kind glass that’s perfect for sipping your favorite beverage. You can even decorate the glass with paint or etching cream to add a personal touch.
- Use them as votive candle holders – If you still enjoy using candles, but don’t want to purchase new candle holders, repurpose your old ones as votive candle holders. Simply add a small votive candle to the container and enjoy the soft glow of the flame.
- Create a mosaic – If you have a lot of different shaped and sized glass candle holders, you can use them to create a unique and colorful mosaic. Break the glass into small pieces with a hammer, and then arrange the pieces onto a surface such as a tabletop or picture frame. Glue the pieces down with strong adhesive and then grout the surface for a finished look.
Repurposing used glass candle holders is a great way to reduce waste and create something new and useful. With a little creativity and effort, you can transform these containers into a variety of functional and decorative items that will brighten up your home or office. So next time you finish burning a candle, don’t throw away the glass holder – instead, try one of these DIY ideas to give it a new life.