When it comes to children’s birthday parties, party favors or souvenirs are always a big hit. Kids love to receive little gifts that remind them of the fun time they had at the party. However, party favors can quickly add up in cost, especially if you have a large number of guests. That’s why DIY souvenirs are a great option, and one of the easiest and most fun to make is a candle-shaped chocolate gift.
Candle-shaped chocolate gifts are perfect for both boys and girls, and they’re also a great option for any age group. They’re cute, fun, and delicious, and they’re easy to customize to fit any party theme or color scheme. Plus, they’re a great way to involve your child in the party planning process and get them excited about their special day.
To make candle-shaped chocolate gifts, you’ll need a few supplies:
- Chocolate melts or candy melts in the color of your choice
- Candle-shaped silicone molds
- Clear cellophane bags or small boxes
- Ribbon or twine
- Optional: sprinkles, edible glitter, or other decorations
Once you have your supplies, follow these simple steps:
- Melt the chocolate or candy melts according to the package instructions. You can use a microwave or a double boiler to melt the chocolate, depending on your preference.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the candle-shaped silicone molds, filling them about halfway. If you want to add sprinkles or other decorations, you can do so now.
- Place the molds in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate has hardened.
- Once the chocolate is firm, carefully remove the candles from the molds.
- Place each chocolate candle in a clear cellophane bag or small box. If you’re using a box, you may want to add a little bit of tissue paper or shredded paper to cushion the candle.
- Tie a ribbon or twine around the bag or box to secure it closed.
- Optional: add a tag or label with the guest’s name or a fun party message.
That’s it! Your candle-shaped chocolate gifts are ready to be handed out to your guests. These souvenirs can be given out at the end of the party or included in the party favor bags. They’re also a great option for classroom parties, as they’re easy to transport and hand out.
If you want to take your candle-shaped chocolate gifts to the next level, you can also add a few extra touches. For example, you can use different colors of chocolate to make multi-colored candles. You can also use edible glitter or spray to add some sparkle to the candles. And if you have a little more time and patience, you can even add a wick to the chocolate candle by inserting a small piece of licorice or a pretzel stick before the chocolate hardens.
DIY children’s birthday souvenirs are a great way to save money and add a personal touch to your child’s party. Candle-shaped chocolate gifts are easy to make, customizable, and sure to be a hit with guests of all ages. So why not give them a try at your next party? Your child and their friends will love them!